Memory Game

Moderator: Moderator Group

Memory Game

Postby jreich » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi Guys,

I would like to program a memory game for an event. There will be a projection of 6x3 fields with 9 different images.
I will be operating the Widget Designer for this memory and will just have a simple 6x3 grid of buttons for the fields + a right and wrong button.
There are by now 2 problems i have:

1: on pressing a grid button it should start a cue on the timeline which will reveal the image and pauses. after both images are exposed i want to press the right or the wrong button which will then jump to another cue in the timeline (for instance flashing green an disappearing or just fading back.) For that the right and wrong buttons need to know which grid buttons i pressed to execute them. how can i do that?

2: This game will be played the whole evening so i need some diversity. Is there an option to scramble the position of image in pandora?

If you have a totally different and easier way to achive this feel free to tell me about it. :D

Hardware will most likely be a player std and one wd std.

Thx in advance
jreich

Re: Memory Game

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi jreich,

there are many ways to achieve your goal.

I would suggest using buttons to trigger the animation of each image. Fixing the position of the images by active values, you can easily always jump to the desired position on your timeline without overriding your flexibility.
You can set variables by clicking the buttons to automatically generate a right or wrong animation and hide the images or turn them back.

The random positions could be organized by a random node or script. This will be as well a huge logic behind that, that all layers will be routed on a specific random position. Otherwise create different scenes and just run them by calling a preset or changing a page.

If you want to be flexible as well with the button positions, you could use the new layer picking feature to indicate which layer has been clicked. Then forget about pre-positioned buttons and combine your programming with these inputs.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Widget Designer V4.7