Hi,

Setup:
- Manager Pro (7831)
- Server
- Luminex node
- 400 LED balls...
- WD with the user interface
- GMA 2

This isn't the full setup but it's enough to ask my question...
We have a matrix with 400 led balls wich we have patched via the matrix patcher. Is it possible to select a ball via Widget and to 'unpatch' it?
They want to have the possibility to choose a ledball and tell it via GMA2 that it's green untill it's 'repatched' in the matrix (via WD).

Kind regards.
Katleen
Katlaan

Re: Artnet/matrix patch

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi Katleen!

There are again multiple ways of achieving this.
There is no direct way of unpatching a part of the matrix as you export this map and use it. This is not how it is meant. :-)

You would have the chance to create multiple patches with single balls unpatched which you are just applying to the output as soon as you do not want to control it via the matrix. Of course, you would have to have many different patches for all possible combinations. I'm not sure, if you want to only have one ball at a time changed, or if it is a combination of several which will lead to nearly unlimited patches... :-(

The other way, I would personally prefer is, to switch the behavior within the Luminex-Node. You have the possibility in there to define a DMX-channel to switch your channel-merging. Herewith, you can define for each parameter from where the signal is routed to the outlet. Then you can easily switch on the channel within your console and feed it with the color you want.
I think, this would be the smartest, fastest and most flexible way of dealing with this task.
As you can edit the Luminex-Node as well via Excel, it is pretty easy to set it up.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Widget Designer V4.7