Widget Pro Viewer

Moderator: Moderator Group

Widget Pro Viewer

Postby jsormani » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi I've have installed WD Pro REV418 and have created a Widget.
When I take out the dongle and start the WD viewer it is looking for the HASP key and I get a pop-up. No viewer starts up. I tried re installing and also tried Rev412. The same issue here
If I use the Viewer from WD Standard , pro versions won't work

John
jsormani

Re: Widget Pro Viewer

Postby Christopher Fluegel » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi John,

thats right, it's a little kind of inconsistance but the WD Viewer will only work from the WD STD without a dongle, sorry for that.

I just created a project in WD PRO with two connected nodes. Saved this project, unplugged the dongle and reopened it in the WD STD Viewer.
What exactly do you mean with "pro versions won't work" if you use the viewer from the STD version?
Christopher Fluegel
Technical Support, coolux GmbH
Christopher Fluegel

Postby jsormani » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi Christopher
The project I have created was pretty simple with a few nodes. Face tracker, range Bar graph and Fader output nodes. Just to test the face tracker.
When I open this file with the WD standard viewer I get the message that facetracker is only supported by WD pro. The rest of the widget is loaded after I close this message box

BR
John
jsormani

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi John,

please have a look in here:
http://www.coolux.de/fileadmin/user_upl ... ner_en.pdf

Most of the things as nodes and controls are able to be used within the STD. Tools like the FaceTracker cannot be used within the Widget. Have a look at the marked columns.

Whenever you want to prevent a user from "destroying" your project but you need to have these tools running, you have to use a dongle protected PRO version and start the viewer. If you only want to add some nodes to a STD project, you can easily leave the project on a computer without a dongle.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Widget Designer V4.7