2 Webserver Issues:

Moderator: Moderator Group

2 Webserver Issues:

Postby cjd360 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:27 am

1) Trying to "lock" a resolution from a webserver interface on an iPad.

When accessing the WD webpage my menu does not fill properly. After trying to size the WD page multiple times and being unsuccessful, I have attempted changing the HTML document tags. I attempted to change "var PageMinWidth" in the Head and the canvas size and width in the body <Canvas> tag. Still unsuccessful. This HTML page that is created by WD seems to be referencing java script files and css files that do not show up in the "js" and "css" folders that are generated when adding the page to the web root.

2) I have 2 text boxes with different fonts although both are set to Arial. The second text box was copied from the first then all that was modified was the actual caption. Looks fine in WD but appears to be two separate fonts in the external web browser. I believe I saw in a different threat that this was a known issue but thought I would mention it.

Please help! I have attached a photo that may help explain my issues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cjd360

Re: 2 Webserver Issues:

Postby Christopher Fluegel » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi,

I can't test it at the moment because I have no iPad available right now but normally you just have to resize the whole WD page to the resolution of the iPads 3 and 4 Retina display (2048x1536px) or 1024x768px for the older iPads 1 and 2.

Your text problem: in the screenshot it looks like you're using labels not a textbox. Which WD rev do you use? I work on a beta where my browser (Chrome on PC) shows the copied label as well as the original one. But as mentioned before I can't test with an iPad right now.

edit: one idea - how do you use your image in the background? is this a picture box or the WD background? The WD background is scaled to the actual size of the WD window. So you maybe try to use WD in fullscreen, set the page size equal to the iPads resolution and scale the picture box to the same resolution.
Christopher Fluegel
Technical Support, coolux GmbH
Christopher Fluegel

Postby cjd360 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:15 pm

For this test I am using the origional iPad. My wd page is set to 1024x768. I noticed that the HTML always sets the width and heigh to 768 w by 868 h when saving to we root again.

I have tried both methods for the background. Setting the page background as well as loading a graphic I to a picture box. Both produce the same results. I have not tried setting wd to fill screen though. Ill give that a shot.

Perhaps I need to set the actual monitor resolution that the page is being generated on to the I pad resolution as well?

My mistake. Yes I am using Labels.

Please let me know your finding when you have the opportunity to test on iPad. I will do more testing today.
cjd360

Postby cjd360 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:21 pm

FYI...The sizing seems to work okay when my page is set to a landscape AR + fullscreen. I can work with this it just means i have to pre rotate all my content before building the menu... bummer.
cjd360

Postby Christopher Fluegel » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi,

I tried to get this solved too and figured out that the problem maybe comes from safari. With the browser utilities and searchbarstuff at the top the native resolution of the visible website is not 1024x768.
I created a new WD project, set the project resolution to 1024x768, normal window mode. Then played around with the picture box size and the project resolution and ended up somewhere around 1024x850.
But if I pinch down to rescale the website in safari it looked the same like your picture again. Then I flipped the iPad to from vertical to horizontal and back two times without touching the scale and the websites was shown correctly again in safari.

I really think safari is causing this strange handling and added some screenshots from my test where it actually looks good (as long nobody scales the website down).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Christopher Fluegel
Christopher Fluegel

Postby cjd360 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:06 pm

I don't believe it is safari. I have tested in multiple browsers. I have a solution though. Running all the content on its side and setting this up as landscape works well. I only need to set rotation mode on the ipad to where it needs to be then lock the orientation and it holds up well.

New Challenge though...

Kinect

I have 2 kinetics Model: 1414. One works fine every time, the other not so much.

If I run the Kinect once in WD everything is fine. If i change projects and try to start the kinect device again I get the blue screen of death. This only seems to happen when i try to start the second time. If i reboot the machine and start device it works properly.

I had uninstalled the CL NUI Driver and re installed. I don't know what else to try... I have a show tomorrow that will be relying on this. I supposed as long as I don't need to make any changes on site i will be okay but I am very concerned about the stability once I get 5000 people a day playing with this!

Please help! Any suggestions would be great
cjd360

Postby Christopher Fluegel » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi,
do you have the two kinect devices plugged into to the same computer at the same time? Do you also use the kinect tracker? Or do you mean you have two separate devices, only one is connected and only one of these two is working properly?

Within WD it's not possible at the moment to have more than one device connected.

A bluescreen is always a very hard thing and mostly caused by the driver. Maybe it helps to unplug the device and plug it in again before reopening your project.
Christopher Fluegel
Christopher Fluegel

Postby cjd360 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:24 pm

They are set up as two completely different systems. This is for a kiosk setup at two different locations.

I am using the Kinect tracker in WD.
cjd360

Postby Christopher Fluegel » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:33 pm

ok so there should be no problems normally if only one kinect per pc...I think it's a driver problem...is it necessary for the setup to reopen the project? I mean once it is running it should run stable.
Christopher Fluegel
Christopher Fluegel

Postby cjd360 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:24 pm

It is not necessary. We are up and running and it is fine. I just was curious for feedback. Thanks.

Thanks for all your great feedback so far...I think this is my last question..

Am I doing something wrong or does the damping timed filter not work in new version 418? I have tried to feed the filter data from several different nodes and it will not read the values. I can't test now because the system is installed and running for a show but would love to know why it's not working. I had a project before this version that I loaded which used this filter but it no longer worked when going from 412 to 418...

Thoughts?
cjd360

Postby Christopher Fluegel » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi,

the damping timed node needs, as many other nodes, an output node connected to work.

hope that helps.
Christopher Fluegel
Christopher Fluegel

Return to Widget Designer V4.7