Webserver Problems

Moderator: Moderator Group

Webserver Problems

Postby jsormani » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:30 am

Hi I have noticed a few things in the webserver that I wanted to share.

Whenever I put an encoder object on a page , this isn't published on the webserver. Is there a reason for that or is it a bug.

Whenever I use a Toggle Button and put a script in the On CLick Sctipt or On Release script box ( eg change button text) that has to do with the button's appearance something strange happens.
Whenever I toggle the button on the Widget the Widget on the Webserver turn completely white ( like a white flash) before it updates the button's appearance.
This does not happen when I only change a Variable's value for instance.

Also in the same setup if the button is set to have a different text for the 2 toggle states it works fine when I click the button on the widget's pc, It gets updated on the webserver also, but when I click the button via the webserver, the button text get's updates on the Widget ( pc) but not on always on the webserver .
Sometimes after a while it updates fine, but not very often.

best regards,

John Sormani
jsormani

Re: Webserver Problems

Postby Christopher Fluegel » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi John,

first of all: the webserver developing in Widget Designer is not finished yet.
The encoder you mentioned is at the moment not able to show as a webserver control.
You can identify controls which will work in the webserver by the asterisk sign next to its icon in the right click menu.

The white flash you see is the reload of the page when the appearance of the button changes. This behavior differs from browser to browser and depends also to the performance of the PC and the connection from webpage (browser) to the webserver (WD).
There's a chance that this maybe will be optimized in one of the future version.

Also the problem with sometimes not updating the button text is a refresh related problem and will be optimized in one of the future version.

Thanks for reporting.
Christopher Fluegel
Technical Support, coolux GmbH
Christopher Fluegel

Re: Webserver Problems

Postby jsormani » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi Christopher, thanks for your feedback

Indeed with a button refresh a page reload is initiated, which does not occur with faders and such. That's why you don't notice this when just changing fader values.

Besrt regards,
John
jsormani

Return to Widget Designer V4.7