Pressing Buttons on iPad

Moderator: Moderator Group

Pressing Buttons on iPad

Postby Sijmenh » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:53 am

I created a voting system. But when my guests are using an iPad the have to press the buttons twice (first to select and than to vote).

Is there a solution for this problem, because many people don't actually vote.
Sijmenh

Re: Pressing Buttons on iPad

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi Sijmenh,

you do not need to click twice in order to click a button.
Maybe the reason in your setup is, that you first need to set the focus to the application by clicking and then click the button.

The behavior on clicking buttons is perfectly ok on my side.
Maybe it would be a good idea to redirect the client to another page and thank him for voting that he knows, that he has clicked.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby Chris Bowman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:33 pm

Hi Guys,

I am having the same problem. The first 'press' highlights the button with a blue outline. The second 'press' sends the command.

Did you find a solution?

Thanks

Chris
Chris Bowman

Postby visulize » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:49 pm

I'm afraid to say I also have the same issue.
Craig@visulize.co.uk

Visulize Ltd
+44 7973139904
visulize

Postby JustynR » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:31 am

I'm having a similar issue.

The user often pushes too long (which is only a fraction of a second longer than I would push) and instead of the button pressing, the page scrolls.

Is that maybe the issue?

Is there a way to size just the Webserver so it is the perfect size for what ever device we are using so the buttons / display / label and so on is large and we don't have to pinch zoom into it and have it able to scroll?
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi everyone,

there seems to be an issue with a couple of iOS devices. Some Safari browsers (which are in most cases shipped with iOS 6) focus elements prior to clicking them. This behavior is meant for navigation items which for example open submenus when you hover them (just like on our website). It is also applied to the WD Buttons (because we have the focus/hover action assigned to the highlight/"blue border" functionality). Currently that means that you have to click twice or buy an Android device ;)

The Widget Designer webpages are generated in the same pixel size as the Widget Designer Project. The first solution to a non scrolling site is to resize the actual Widget Designer to fit the device of your choise. The second way is to export the page as HTML and edit the stylesheets (width: 100% etc.). The only problem is that buttons that are outside the tablets browsing region are unusable then.

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Widget Designer V4.7