Excel readout

Moderator: Moderator Group

Excel readout

Postby Sijmenh » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi,

I'm working on a WD with a voting system. I want the system to read-out the questions (titles) out of an Excel file (.xls).

But when I use the Excel Reader note and I select the live. WD doesn't do anything (no worksheet).

Does anyone know there the problem lies?

I'm using: WD 4.18 ULT, Office 2007 (excel) and a Minimac using booth camp.

With kind regards,

Sijmen Hoekstra
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sijmenh

Re: Excel readout

Postby JustynR » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:46 am

I just tried loading your Widget, I saved a file using as an Excel 97-2003 work book .xls

I then chose that file, clicked OK so the Node window closed.
I re-opened the node window and the sheets popped up inside of it. Then I added the cell information and all worked.

I did notice that you I did need to click "OK" in the node settings and not just "Apply" and then re-open it for the work sheet to pop up.

I also found that if the workbook isn't created in Excel, it won't work either. I tried using an existing workbook that I had in Google - and a different one in Open Office, and neither worked. I pushed "CTRL + A and copied everything to Excel and re-save and was fine). Maybe that is your issue?

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Re: Excel readout

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:02 pm

Hey guys,

as we are using a Microsoft Framework (.Net) to adress the spreadsheet it is only possible when Microsoft Office Excel is installed. Other programs will not return any value.
The same will be for the list view.

As we are not constantly refreshing the property windows you need to address the file first and then you can select a sheet. It is the same as connecting a node while having the properties open. You need to refresh/reopen the window in order to see the inputs.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Widget Designer V4.7