How can i do?

Moderator: Moderator Group

How can i do?

Postby satanete666 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:29 pm

I would like. Todo make a big lcdwall about 6 or 7 meters, to paint with airscan and mediaplayers but the point is that i want to be 3 type modes for 1, 2 or3 People , and each person has his own menu tools to aply size off the pen etc, any idea...
satanete666

Re: How can i do?

Postby JustynR » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:29 am

The only real way I could think to do this would be to use the drawing canvas in the WD with capture cards in the Players.

You could then assign zones on the screens - one person has a zone to the right, just put an effect control through the Widget so he or she could change an RGB effect on their portion of the captured image.

An easier way to do this though where you'd be able to have different coloured lines for each person, or lines that fade away after a set amount of time would be to use a Server and use a Particle Generator.
You would still need to assign zones though because the Airscan can't distinguish between who's hand is who's. You could have it pay attention to the number of points, but the second 2 people remove their hands, their order is lost and you may end up with switched "Tools".

It would probably have to be something like zone controlled programming to make something like this work with the Airscan either way.

Cheers,
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby malkuth23 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:46 am

Since Airscan can TUIO out you could use any multitouch drawing program mixed with a live input card... Or even Streamix if you don't mind the delay.

I don't think the drawing canvas in WD is multitouch, but I am sure there are some other programs out there. WD just runs in the background creating the mouse (TUIO) events.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Postby satanete666 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:58 am

hi ,

the TUIO option looks very well but i am afraid about the precision of airscan to remote the software.
satanete666

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi!

What is your concern? Setting up an AirScan in the WD will feature the same accuracy as send out via TUIO.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby satanete666 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:47 pm

hi , the point is , some times i try to use airscan lile a mouse , and this is not exactly like a mouse , if you have very small controls is too hard to manage.
satanete666

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:16 am

Hi!

Depending on your setup within the AirScan you can define if a single finger or a complete hand/arm is recognized as an input.
In combination with your 7m width of your screen it should be alright, but definitely not as perfect as a mouse or a touch foil on your FullHD monitor.

The resolution of the AirScan is depending on the distance to it.
http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... _setup.htm

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Widget Designer V4.7