Other commands for Barco Projectors

Moderator: Moderator Group

Other commands for Barco Projectors

Postby petetdc » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:32 am

Hi,

I'm trying to receive a response from Barco HD 20's on the status on their lamp so I can display it on a projector control Widget. My thinking is that I would constantly send the query through a TCP Query string node, the response then to an 'If" filter then a variable label output.

This is the string I have tried, with also some variations [hfe h00 h67 h00 h67 hff] Would you have any suggestions?

Cheers

Pete
petetdc

Re: Other commands for Barco Projectors

Postby JustynR » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:23 am

I have done the same thing with Image Pros and Matrix Pros.
I tried setting it up the same way you're describing, but I ran into some issues.

You can have as many TCP Query String Nodes as you want, but when you send a Query, it comes back to ALL of these nodes, not just the one that sent the request.
I had 4 nodes querying each input of the Image Pro. The problem I was having is that when the nodes would send the query, all of the nodes would only see the last response.

My solve for that was to create buttons that would send a query and write that specific response to a variable before moving onto the next query using WDWait.

If you are only asking about the state of the lamp you don't have to worry about this. If you want to have any other info like what input you're on or if you have sync on a specific input, temperature, and so on, this is the best way I've found to do it.

You can then link the Variable directly to a Label without even needing to use a Node - just check the "Variable" checkbox and type in what Variable you want the label to look at.

As for polling what the lamp hours or status of a lamp is, I don't know what the string is for that.

Cheers
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Return to Widget Designer V4.7