Camera Settings manipulated via fader

Moderator: Moderator Group

Camera Settings manipulated via fader

Postby tcarpenter » Tue May 07, 2013 7:15 pm

New to using the widget designer, and after doing a little digging I couldn't find what I was looking for so I thought rather than waste more time I would post this to see if there is a simple solution that I am missing.

Our setup is a little unique. We have an 80' wide by 30' tall screen upstage that is rear projected with 2 16k Christie projectors. Pandoras Box is doing the blending down the middle. Due to the size of the screen, and the competing HVAC systems in each room (projection room and auditorium), the screen is constantly bowing in and out in the middle. Keeping the blending correct is difficult and we have to be very careful what kind of content we put across that blend.

What I am hoping to do it put a fader in the widget designer that can manipulate the camera setting for each output, allowing the appropriate parameters of the cameras to be manipulated to adjust the blend. This would make it much easier to adjust on the fly, and much safer than someone going in and accidently messing up the entire image. Is this possible? Thanks!
tcarpenter

Re: Camera Settings manipulated via fader

Postby erica frost » Fri May 10, 2013 4:52 pm

All of the softedge settings for each camera can be controlled by individual faders in Widget Designer STD Rev418. They are right at the bottom of the Parameter list of the Fader Control box (when you right click and select item properties on the fader). They appear to be 16-bit values so your Maximum value would be 65535 (instead of 255)

Does that help or are you looking for a more complex setup involving one fader controlling multiple camera settings? The more complex option would involve using WD Pro and nodes as far as I know.
:)

Erica
erica frost

Return to Widget Designer V4.7