Simulating a midi input

Moderator: Moderator Group

Simulating a midi input

Postby claude.rivet » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:43 pm

My Widget is almost all programmed, the non-linear part runs very well for the most part, basically I can trigger any video component when I want independently of other elements. Sweet but now I need to make a linear version of the event in case all runs fine :)

I thought of using a cue list in WD and enter a script for each cue launching the various components needed. The only problem I have is I have no clue how to generate a midi input from a script and it would be VERY useful, if anyone know how please instruct me.

Thanks again for all the help!
claude.rivet

Re: Simulating a midi input

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:04 am

Hi Claude,

do you want to send MIDI to a application running on the local machine? Then google for "midi loopback device". You can install a virtual device and hook up both WD and the target application and use the midi scripts to send something.

If that is not the case, please explain what you want.

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby claude.rivet » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:57 pm

Basically I press a pad on a MIDI controller and it triggers a video playback.

Using the "cue list" in WD I would play a cue and it would do the same as pressing that pad, a script that would generate the same MIDI event as the one required by the video playback or similar method.

Hope it make sense.

Thanks for the help.
claude.rivet

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi Claude,

I'm not quite sure which video system you want to control. If it is a Pandora you can use the scripts in the Widget Designer that start with "PB"/Seq/Device/Site etc.
If it is a external video playback device which can be triggered by midi, then you have to have a midi output device and connect it to the Widget Designer in the Tools->Connections menu.

Midi Messages: http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... d_list.htm

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Widget Designer V4.7