Create Events

Moderator: Moderator Group

Create Events

Postby djrappa » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:46 am

Hi
In a project I have I want to be able to create an easy way for end users to schedule events.

The events will trigger simple cues, etc which can be stored as pre made scripts, buttons or whatever.

However what I want is an easy way for the user to create the event and select the action within having to know the script code to type into the command.
Is there an easy solution for this?

Basically I want them to open the event editor, and select from a list of 'real world named' scripts that the event will trigger. Is this possible?
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Re: Create Events

Postby malkuth23 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:32 am

I have thought about this before.

Depending on your circumstances you could create a series of possible events that would be built to scripts based on the user's decisions.

It could consist of changing drop menus, text boxes, number pads or whatever is necessary. Output all decisions to variable lists. They would then be reconstructed as Macros and executed, perhaps at a designated time.

So... the answer is probably. Maybe. Depends :)
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Re: Create Events

Postby djrappa » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Thing is they still need to go into the Event Editor and create events and enter the macro code.

I think what I will do is pre create the events for the common events and then make several others that trigger cues.
Then they can just open the editor, select the event and change the times. And they can store whatever they want to the cues. That should work just fine.
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Return to Widget Designer V4.7