Web server Password?

Moderator: Moderator Group

Web server Password?

Postby JustynR » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:02 am

Is there a way to lock out the web server?
I have 1 widget online at the moment that controls projectors and walls and Clients... I don't want anyone getting into this and turning the projectors on over a long weekend for instance... I would block it out during off hours... but I can't be sure that someone won't need access to it at night or on the weekend.

The main port of this server is actually the backup site for a company, and I am using a different port for WD. This backup site was hit 8000+ times last weekend for no good reason... from one IP from Russia or something... messed a few things up, but I would like to block out potential trouble makers from turning my projectors on or off from anywhere at any time they'd like.

Even if it was 1 password... I'm not necessarily looking for a user name and password log in type setup (though this would be very nice for another show I have coming up...) but a common password shared with everyone.

Is there already a way to do this?
Or should this be in the feature request spot?

Cheers,
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Re: Web server Password?

Postby Martina Protze » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:13 am

Hi Justyn,

Markus had a project recently and he build a password protection based on the numbers 1-9. As far as he told me, he build 9 CS buttons but I do not know in detail what he did with them. A possibility would be to have a textbox into which the numbers are written, e.g like this for the CS button #1:
WDTextboxAppend,1,1
Then you can turn this into another variable and use it in a if command. If the variable is ok, then the button taking you to another page works. If it's not ok, then you can e.g. clear the textbox again and send the session somewhere else

Would this help?
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Return to Widget Designer V4.7