kinect windows xp

Moderator: Moderator Group

kinect windows xp

Postby mhdkh » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:07 am

Hello,
i've installed the kincet driver on coolux master, but the operating system is Windows XP, and the green light of the kinect is flashing as it is ready for use.
in widget designer i get the following message when i try to access kinect:
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click Continue, the application will ignore the error and attempt to continue. if you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
Object reference not set to an instance to an object."
is there any way to make widget designer recognize the device and interact with it under XP operating system ?

thanks in advance,
mhdkh

Re: kinect windows xp

Postby mhdkh » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:11 am

ps. the kinect works fine on windows xp as i test it with CL NUI Platform, but only PB WD cannot connect it.
mhdkh

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:51 am

Hi,

I am pretty sure that it does not work with XP. Can you provide a screenshot of the test application (CLNUIDeviceTest)?

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby mhdkh » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:23 pm

this is a screenshot of CLNUI, i can control kinect movements up and down, but i cannot see the image, i tried it on win7 also with the same results, i guess it's damaged or i don't know,

thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mhdkh

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi,

Yes the problem is that the actual image does not work on XP. Have a look at the kinect camera, what does it say about its revision number? We have found out that only revision 1414 is working with CLNUI. Some newer versions do not (i think it was the revision 1483 that was not working)

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Widget Designer V4.7