SMPTE questions

Moderator: Moderator Group

SMPTE questions

Postby yrokhlin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Hey guys,

I am creating a remote control for the client, to be able to run the show. For rehearsal, I would love to be able to switch our show to and from SMPTE sync.

So far I have been able to get SMPTE in to WD and feed that in to the "Sequence Seek" node through the "SMPTELink node." This so far works perfectly, I can trigger SMPTE on/off through custom script buttons, and it works as expected.

The issue however arises, when I stop my SMPTE sync, the problem is that the Sequence Seek node still has the last given value of SMPTE, and wont let me use Play/Pause/Start or Jump to Cue controls, like for example if I hit STOP, it will go to 00:00:00:00 but then instantly snap back to the last given SMPTE value.

A more ideal way of doing this for me at least, would be to be able to change the "Timecode" variable in the actual sequence inspector to go from "Receive" to "None" and vice-versa via custom script button.

Maybe some one can fill me in on a smarter way of doing this?
yrokhlin

Re: SMPTE questions

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:25 pm

You can control the SMPTE Settings of sequences using the following scripts found on http://manual.coolux.de/#command_list.htm

SeqSetTimecodeMode,...,None
SeqSetTimecodeMode,...,Send
SeqSetTimecodeMode,...,Receive
SeqSetTimecodeOffset
SeqSetTimecodeStopAction,...,Stop
SeqSetTimecodeStopAction,...,Pause
SeqSetTimecodeStopAction,...,Continue

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers