Time controlled opacity

Moderator: Moderator Group

Time controlled opacity

Postby wijnand » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:42 pm

For a installation I need to control the master opacity with a time clock. I did set up a new page from where I can control the master opacity and placed a analogue clock. This works already manually. But how in the world do I connect those two items together so that the opacity will decrease in the evening hours. I have just the WD STD.
Wijnand van der Horst Lighting Design
Coolux Player STD 5.5
wijnand

Re: Time controlled opacity

Postby JustynR » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:13 pm

In STD -

You could use a timer script and a bunch of 'cases'.

Every 10 minutes or so, have the Timer Script click a Custom Script. In the Custom Script you can have a bunch of IF arguments and work in minutes - 'If Time > 1200 then fade to this"

In PRO you can use clock nodes and ranges - it will gently fade as the time goes on. (I use RSS feeds to tell me when sunset is so as the year goes on it fades at the right time...)

Not sure how you use the time in the argument in the STD case... but maybe that can get you started?
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby wijnand » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks Justyn,

Probably 3 adjustment are fine. one on 5pm, one on 7pm and one on 8 pm. These adjustments can be made when the sequence starts. (it's a loop of 25mins) So you won't see the intensity jump.
I will give this timer script and those "cases" a try.
Coolux Player STD 5.5
wijnand

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:18 am

Hi,

In STD you could have a Fader linked to the opacity you like to control and then use the "Tools > Events" to trigger a WDFaderDown,ID,time. As time is in seconds you could have a value of 3600 for one hour or even 14400 for three hour long fades.

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby wijnand » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:42 pm

Hi Dennis,

That's a good one! I now experiment with the "WDFade toValue" becaurse I don't want to go to black. This seems to work. 8)
In the even viewer I can see all happening. Very nice.
Comes a new "problem" how do I add some extra Events? The Tools->Events menu don't show an 'add' or 'new' event? You just jump in the event editor, although there's an pulldown menu which suggest more events can be made.
I finally figured this out:
If you just edit the current event, change the name for example, and press 'apply' he creates a new event. Very odd.. :|
Coolux Player STD 5.5
wijnand

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:40 am

Hey,

The "set a name and apply to save" approach is used also for Macros, Functions and in a couple of other places. Selecting items from the drop-down shows you the actual saved data. With this approach you can simply load an existing item, change its name and voilà you made yourself a copy.

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby wijnand » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:17 pm

yeah, I know kow. But on the first glance you wouldn't expect it to work like this. I really recomend to add a "add new" button, to improve customer experience and speed up the workflow
Coolux Player STD 5.5
wijnand

Return to Widget Designer V4.7