how do i map a joystick to the warper

Moderator: Moderator Group

how do i map a joystick to the warper

Postby zane » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:59 pm

HI Guys,

I am trying to map the warper add mesh buttons to a joystick using WD, i have managed to get the joystick to work and can move the mesh, click on FFD etc, i want a shortcut button to add a mesh, but struggling to figure this out, is it possible?
zane

Re: how do i map a joystick to the warper

Postby malkuth23 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:29 am

I often use a gamepad to control the warper mesh. It is actually a GREAT interface for warper. Highly recommend it. I am not sure there is a way to add a mesh with a shortcut, so I don't think you could map a button. I have been considering buying a PS4 controller because it has a mouse trackpad on it that can be easily accessed without returning to me computer (plus bluetooth). If you have analog controllers you can use them as mouse control, but it is a bit more frustrating.

I second the vote for more shortcuts on everything!
Also, widget scripts to access loading and saving!

Coolux should design the perfect warping pad. I have ideas for what it would look like. Everyone always wants to warp with a tablet, but a gamepad is such a better form factor for a system where we want to never have to look at our hands.

If the gamepad coming out from Steam lives up to the hype, it think it will be the best solution.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Postby claude.rivet » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:22 pm

Never thought of doing that, it must be so much pleasant to work with the warper other than with a mouse, you guys have any video or walktrough to do that? Bascially one analog controller to select the point, one to move it, buttons to select either FFD or mesh, the cross to switch between mesh... is that it?
claude.rivet

Postby malkuth23 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:39 am

I use an old school nintendo knock off. Directions are arrow keys, abxy are to select mesh, ffds, select all and reset...

Just google around for programs that remap game controllers to keyboard. Lots of people use this for keyboard games they want to use their controllers on. I forget what program I use for PC. The Mac program I use is joystickmapper... There are a lot more for PC.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Postby claude.rivet » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Will definitely try thanks much!
claude.rivet

Return to Widget Designer V4.7