Kinect Input for Multitouch Panel must be Full Screen!

Moderator: Moderator Group

Kinect Input for Multitouch Panel must be Full Screen!

Postby markcmitchell » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:46 am

Hi there,

I've just started playing around with Pandora and Widget Designer, having a lot of fun!

I was about to post a problem I was having with the Kinect input in the Multi-touch panel, but I have managed to solve it. I want to post it here in case anyone else ends up tearing their hair out for an hour when the kinect input isn't working as expected!

I have discovered that the Multitouch Panel must be full-screened inside the Widget Designer, for the Kinect input to actually register a drag, scale, or rotate. Without it being full-screen, the circle's will appear on the panel (indicating that the Multi-touch panel is successfully picking up the input of the Kinect) however the layers will not register any actions.

This was a bit hard to track down as a Mouse input will work correctly, even if the Multi-touch pane is windowed.

I wasn't able to find this information anywhere in the documentation. I realise I have been looking at Rev_5771 documentation (which came with my Widget Designer Pro CD Installer) so maybe this information is written in a newer revision?
markcmitchell

Re: Kinect Input for Multitouch Panel must be Full Screen!

Postby malkuth23 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:28 am

Thanks for reporting! I have not seen a lot of people using Kinect with the multi-touch panel before, but it is good to know how.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Return to Widget Designer V4.7