Running a project programmed in WD PRO, without a dongle

Moderator: Moderator Group

Running a project programmed in WD PRO, without a dongle

Postby markcmitchell » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:26 am

Hi there,

Pretty important question that I think needs clearing up:

In your promotional material and the official help file (Rev9055, Chapter 15, p668), Coolux states the following:

When opening a projects that was originally programmed with a PRO or ULT environment all elements
will be displayed and will run in the dedicated way even though they are not part of the STD package.

Only if it comes to editing the project you are restricted to the STD tools.
When you are looking for a version that cannot be changed at all by the end customer, the Widget
Viewer is the tool of choice.

I have a project programmed with PRO & using a Multi-Touch Panel. When I attempt to run this project in WD STD without a dongle, I get the following alert:

Multi-Touch Panel is only available in WD PRO.

Please tell me I'm doing something wrong! If the Multi-Touch Panel cannot be used without a PRO dongle, then it is not true that "all elements will be displayed and will run in the dedicated way even though they are not part of the STD package".

We have been telling clients that it is possible to run shows using WD without the dongle as we will program & provide the completed WD project — if the Multi-Touch Panel cannot be run without the dongle then this is serious misinformation
markcmitchell

Re: Running a project programmed in WD PRO, without a dongle

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:51 pm

Hi markcmitchell,

I am sorry for the editing mistake in our Manual.
You are doing nothing wrong, and it is the case that some features are limited to PRO and ULT Versions of Widget Designer.

All those features are clearly marked inside the Widget Designer as PRO Only Features which will not be available and can not be used in WD STD, even when Programmed in PRO.
We will update the manual ASAP to help avoid this misunderstanding.

Daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Re: Running a project programmed in WD PRO, without a dongle

Postby djrappa » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:30 pm

I think it's important to update the sales material so people are not buying a product they won't be able to utilise.
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Return to Widget Designer V4.7