Powering up and off all pandora computers through WD

Moderator: Moderator Group

Powering up and off all pandora computers through WD

Postby bgarrett » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Hello,
I have a theater show that is using one media master and two server computers. I have a student that will be running the show. I want to make it as easy as possible for this person to power on and power off the system. Could someone tell me or direct me to a thread that will show me how to do this? I want to use one button in a WD file that will open the show file on the master, while also starting up the servers in client and full screen mode. I also have four projectors that are hooked up through TCP communication. I would like to have this same button power up the projectors. Everything powered by one button.
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Brent
bgarrett

Re: Powering up and off all pandora computers through WD

Postby JustynR » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:54 am

For turning the computers on you need to enable some settings in the Network Card to do this.
Something about Wake On LAN or Allowing "Magic Packets" to make it work. I don't remember, and every card is different.

The settings in WD you will need for this is the Wake On Lan script that can be used in buttons.
There is a rather old link that I was a part of from about 6 years ago, but it is still the same script and still the same syntax:

http://forum.coolux.de/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=364&p=730&hilit=wake+on+lan#p730

As for turning the projectors, if you can give us the brand and model of the projectors in use, we could probably give you better pointers.

Hope this helps,
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Return to Widget Designer V4.7