ID Tracking - 2D Mode - "XZ" Axis

Moderator: Moderator Group

ID Tracking - 2D Mode - "XZ" Axis

Postby ingibekk » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:26 pm

Hello all,

been looking into the new ID Tracking feature and going through the documentation, sounds amazing by the way!

The scenario that I have is that I need to track a screen that gets flown in above a stage and the projection on that screen needs to be mapped onto the screen when it comes in and when it goes out.

For simplification purposes I want to stay away from using more than 1 camera thus only doing 2d tracking with a single or maybe 2 ID's.

Then I would use the height ("Y") data in combination with some WD calculations to make sure the relative size and position is correct. As the distance from the projector is more or less constant.

In the documentation it says that the only axis available in 2d tracking mode are the X and Z axis.

This confuses me a little bit,like if a camera is sitting at FOH looking at the stage can it only see the distance to the ID and the horizontal position ? Or is the documentation written for when the camera is rigged above a stage ?

I would think (and I might be completely wrong about this) that the camera should see the horizontal and vertical position but would need multiple cameras to capture depth.

Hope I'm being clear enough here..

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Ingi Bekk
ingibekk

Re: ID Tracking - 2D Mode - "XZ" Axis

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:44 pm

Hello,

In 2D Tracking you basically get the point of the ID tag on the camera image. No calculation is done for that. Only one camera is considered.

In 2.5D Tracking you set it up like 3D Tracking, but you tell the tracking system at what height you are tracking. This means that the height (Pandoras Box-) Y-Coordinate is fixed and you only get X & Z. This is "easier" to calculate than a full 3D Tracking since one variable is fixed. This also means that you only need cameras from top and none from the sides.

In 3D Tracking the Widget + the cameras figure out X & Y & Z for you.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Widget Designer V4.7