Spaces inserted by the OSC Node

Moderator: Moderator Group

Spaces inserted by the OSC Node

Postby alexbright » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:02 pm

There appear to be spaces inserted between the floats, integers, and strings, and the input value when using the OSC node to send OSC.

For example, if I have "/Slider1/“ in the Float field, and "2.5" as the value, the OSC packet sent will be "/Slider1/ 2.5"

I'm trying to use the String option, but I keep getting a space between the the value I put into the OSC node, and the value. All I’m trying to send “/cue/1/start” and I really have no way to so this. I tried inputing this as a string though a variable node, but I have to have some value in the string field of the OSC node for it to actually send anything. Am I doing something wrong here?

I can’t find anything about the OSC output node in the latest help chm,

Thanks in advance,

Alex
alexbright

Re: Spaces inserted by the OSC Node

Postby alexbright » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:20 pm

I found a work around,

I changed the string field in the OSC node to "/cue/1/start" and changed the variable which is feeding the input value to an empty string, and then it sends "/cue/1/start " with the space after the string, the device I'm trying to control was okay with a space after the string.

This seems like a rather inefficient work around as I would need an OSC output node for every string.
alexbright

Re: Spaces inserted by the OSC Node

Postby florian » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:31 am

I haven't mucked about with WD's OSC nodes in a while, but the last time I did, I came away from the experience feeling like you're better off routing data into a string builder network and tossing the results at a regular UDP out node.
-flo

"Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise."

Cato the Elder, Plutarch's Life of Cato
florian

Return to Widget Designer V4.7