Webserver questions

Moderator: Moderator Group

Webserver questions

Postby david_r » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:55 am

Hi!

I have some questions in regard to the use of WD and a Webserver. I'd like to have 5 or 6 ipads (or other mobile devices) that are connected to a local wifi network and are able to control Widget Designer. I managed to set up one WD-iPad connection quick and easy, which is great. Then I customized my design. I "replaced" a custom script buttons design with an image for normal state and one for the click event. If I use it with the iPad through the local network (local server through XAMPP software) I get some issues.

First: every second or third time I push a button I can see the outlines of the button (of the original WD button). It does not happen if I open it on the hosting pc's browser thus it seems related to the touch event. or in the html file the button outline isn't set to 0. but then I don't understand why it only flickers up sometimes and not every time (and not in the pc's browser). Is there a way to solve this problem? Does someone know where it could come from? Another issue: sometimes it keeps the image for the click event until I refresh the browser. This happens rarley with an iPad but regulary on my local maschine.

Second: I wondered if it might solve the problem if I access the "exported" html files instead of having a "live connection" to WD. I just didn't get how to do this. I saved the page to web-root. How excactly do I use this html to control WD? Do I stop the webserver from the Tools and just use the file? If I open it in the Browser I can only see my labels, the buttons are invisible (although in a way still there as I can see if I open the html in editor). If I succeed in using a (customized) html will that solve my problem with the screen resolution, too? The problem is: if I do the layout of the WD page on my FullHD screen and then I access it with an iPad2 (1024x768) I get wordwraps and other layout changes.

Third (last): I have seen that with my WD PRO license I can only control the same WD page from several devices (I cannot define iPad1 to control page1 and iPad2 to control page2). But if I open multiple instances of WD PRO each can be controlled seperatley. I there a reason why I should do that? :) Each WD has 7 buttons, some labels and is sending a message over TCP protocol if a button is pressed. So it doesn't need a lot of resources.

At least: I'd like to set this up to give an audience the possibility for a simple interaction. I only know WD as a tool for me as operator to interact with PB or to connect sensors and other devices. Is it sometimes used for audience interaction? Can anyone recomend it for that?

a lot of questions. sorry. I'm new to that kind of stuff.

Thanks!

David
Manager LT, 2x Player STD, Widger Designer PRO
david_r

Re: Webserver questions

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:03 pm

I can answer you Question #3:

WD Pro is limited to one Webclient by License Limitation. If you want to connect multiple Webclients to different Pages you need to get a Ultimate License.
The License enables you to use Multi-Session Webserver, Sessionbased Variables, Multi Networkcard Support and a few more things.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Return to Widget Designer V4.7