reading HTML data from a website live

Moderator: Moderator Group

reading HTML data from a website live

Postby chrisr » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:05 am

Good afternoon all,

Does anyone have experience translating data from a website via nodes? For example, if we could grab some data from a stock website to live update a stock quote, the Node would read such an update, then translate that to a visual reference in PB.

Thanks!!

Chrisr
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Re: reading HTML data from a website live

Postby JustynR » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:15 am

I've done this using the RSS Node.

I've not tested it for stocks... but you may want to try: http://www.nasdaq.com/services/rss.aspx

There is a field near the top of the page that you type your stock into and it'll give you a URL for an RSS.

Let me know how it goes!
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Re: reading HTML data from a website live

Postby chrisr » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:26 pm

Justyn,
Yes totally saw the RSS feed stuff. Thats a great way to go about it. Thanks for that idea! We are looking to dive a bit further into the code. So there are Percentages / after hours / and actually the data that drives some of the graphing. I was curious if there was a NODE that you can program to look at specific HTML data. I have some other ideas that we could use, like StreamIX etc to get the information we need. But would rather drive our own graphics via data.

Thanks for always some great solutions. by the way, how did the Lightware Feedback project go? Im playing with a RTR Quick look panel, with feedback. This way the Operator can hit up this page and can see with a glance what the router is doing.
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Return to Widget Designer V4.7