TCP Status Node issue

Moderator: Moderator Group

TCP Status Node issue

Postby chrisr » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:21 pm

Hello all,
I am having a bit of a struggle with an Input TCP Status Node. The current configuration is it's looking at the #1 TCP connection. When it sees an active connection: Node Output, Message: Connected
BUT! Sometimes it says, Message: Client connected.

My problem is that it alternates between these two messages. Now any "if" statement scripting I have will only work with one of the statements. If the other statement comes up, then everything is false. This is not a huge issue. I'd just like to know what I am doing wrong. The connection manager says Connected under the status column. I really am not sure where the "Client connected." message is getting generated.

Thanks for any input!

Best,
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Re: TCP Status Node issue

Postby Thomas Mrozek » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi chrisr,
the 'TCP Connection Status' Nodes includes the 'Status Message', you will find it directly below your TCP Connections in Connection Manager. If status changes a new message will be created. If your node is online and the client connects you will get 'Client connected' message, if you go into the node (or apply its dialog) while client is connected you will get the message 'connected'.
As workaround you can use the 'IF OR' method:
IF node = connected OR node = client connected
{
command
}

Or you can use text nodes to filter the message for keywords you need.
Cheers
Thomas
Thomas Mrozek
Product Manager
Thomas Mrozek

Return to Widget Designer V4.7