Am I Missing Something (Media Control / MediaPanel)

Moderator: Moderator Group

Am I Missing Something (Media Control / MediaPanel)

Postby ericseipel » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:58 pm

I'm under the impression that these two 'things' are the same (Media Control / MediaPanel).

after running 'WDMediaPanelSetFolder,1,8' when i look at the item properties for Media Control1 folder ID is set to 8. Great

after running 'WDMediaPanelSetLayout,1,4,4' the controls appearance changes to 4/4 but in the item properties it still says 5/5 (opening the properties AFTER running the command)

after running 'WDMediaPanelSetIndex,1,5' in the item properties it still says 1 (opening the properties AFTER running the command)

after running 'WDMediaPanelSetDevices,1,2.3' in the item properties "Devices:" is still blank...

Is this a bug or am i not understanding the usage of these commands? The goal is to be able to use one media control, for different layers at different times, being selected by a drop down, but i cant seem to change the device affected by the control.

Other idea was to use a panel with no device, and capture the 'Folder', 'File' of the control from the media control input node, but its output stays 0/0 regardless of where i click on the panel.

Im sure im confused... just dont know where im going wrong.

Thanks for reading
ericseipel

Re: Am I Missing Something (Media Control / MediaPanel)

Postby malkuth23 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:01 pm

I have not used that last script you listed, but I have definitely used the node before and it worked fine.

Some nodes do not work unless they have a complete path to an output node.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Postby JustynR » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:26 pm

Not sure about the others,
But the last script you posted - you have a period instead of a comma between the Site and the Device.

That may be your problem for that one...
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby malkuth23 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:19 am

It is actually documented that way. If that is wrong, then the documentation is incorrect.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Return to Widget Designer V4.7