Revisiting KINECT / Model 1414

Moderator: Moderator Group

Revisiting KINECT / Model 1414

Postby chrisr » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:08 pm

All,
After reading through the Kinect posts, I am still running into a bit of a connection issue. I wanted to see if anyone else is having something similar happen. I am currently running WD 4.7 Rev2500 on a windows 10Pro SurfacePro3 with an i5 and 4gb ram. The issue I have, is once i have the Kinect plugged in and launch Kinect Skeleton Tracker Rev7 get the UDP server going, I can see everything fall into place, The Kinect Skeleton Tracker node works great. But this is the only thing I can get working..... If I install the CLNUI driver set, the Kinect Skeleton Tracker Rev7 no longer can connect to the Kinect1414. It doesnt even see it. Also, once I launch Widget Designer, nothing happens, and no interaction from any node The KINECT - PRO Only under tools configuration set up has yet to even "see" the USB Kinect unit. I figured once I got the Skeleton Tracker Rev7 (downloaded off the coolux website) working, then the other Nodes and options inside Widget Designer should follow suit.

Any Ideas? Still testing, If I find out an answer I'll post.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Re: Revisiting KINECT / Model 1414

Postby Janina Baltaziewicz » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:55 am

Hi Chris,

I haven't tried it at Win 10 so far, but at Win 7 you may not have the Kinect SDK (for the Skeleton Tracker) and the CLNUI driver installed at the same time. You even have to deinstall both and reinstall the one you need to get it working. I assume Win 10 doesn't behave any other way.
Please be also aware of the fact that the CLNUI driver is designed for operating systems not exceeding Windows 7, on Windows 8 it is already not working anymore.

Hopefully this answers your question.

Cheers,

Janina
Janina Baltaziewicz
Customer Service Engineer
Janina Baltaziewicz

Re: Revisiting KINECT / Model 1414

Postby chrisr » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:19 pm

Janina,

Thank you. Thats about what I have been experiencing. I also didnt know the CLNUI was for Win7 and prior. Thank you for the response!
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Return to Widget Designer V4.7