A command for start Serial

Moderator: Moderator Group

A command for start Serial

Postby nick-it » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:02 pm

Hi! We need to start a process on another computer in a LAN (not Pandora manager) with Serial TCP/IP. It works fine when we push the button “Apply IP and Port” or “Reset Connection” directly from PM: the red exclamation mark disappears from the serial link and we can send commands at the due time in the PM sequence to the computer. We would like to start the process from WD, but I can’t find the suitable command (commands). Is it possible?
nick-it

Re: A command for start Serial

Postby chrisr » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:46 pm

Nick-it,
If I understand correctly, you want to fire commands on another computer running 3rd party software. Which you can currently do from Pandora Manager? Do you have the command list for that software? Also, here is a quick look to creating a new "Connection" in the Connection Manager which you can find under the TOOLS dropdown in the menu. This is within Widget Designer. IF this hasn't been done you will not be able to send commands to that specific device.

http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... dconnm.htm

Once you have an ID which you can find under "Tools > Connections > TCP"
THE ID in the Left Column.

After you have your TCP connection set up, you can write a command structure that might look something like this

TCPSend,1,Do Something Fun
where 1 is the ID number of the TCP connection to the external device/computer you want to trigger.
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:24 pm

Hello,

WD can start applications on the local machine it is running on using ApplicationStart,...

If you are using the Serial Link Device in Pandoras Box and would like to reconnect it use
ResetSerialLinkDeviceConnection,SiteID,DeviceID
ResetSerialLinkDeviceConnectionMaster,SiteID,DeviceID
ResetSerialLinkDeviceConnectionBackup,SiteID,DeviceID

If you want to run commands on a remote widget designer from the timeline in Pandoras Box use a Widget Designer Device
- from the Device Types tab drag a Widget Designer Device to the Devices Tab. Configure IP in the inspector.
- In WD use the EDIT -> Pandoras Box IP Configuration dialog to enable the Widget Device connections
- now you can add keys on the timeline and it will run the command directly in the Widget

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby nick-it » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:58 am

Dennis!
Thanks for your suggestion. It's exactly what I need. I used the first command ResetSerialLinkDeviceConnection,SiteID,DeviceID and the connection with a process on another computer was reset successfully (the process can listen Pandora's command).
nick-it

Return to Widget Designer V4.7