Art-Net Recorder

Moderator: Moderator Group

Art-Net Recorder

Postby chrisr » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:35 pm

Good Day All,
I was curious if it is possible to see the ArtNet recorder Frame count "outside" of the button item properties. Or if there is a way it can be manipulated frame by frame via a command. I have the other commands written to buttons such as start stop, rewind, play, pause etc. Wanted to give the Operator a couple of big buttons to "Step" through the recording frame by frame without having to open the item properties of the ArtNet record button. If there was a way to get the Frame count to a variable, I could write a +1 or -1 to do the stepping. If I am missing something simple then my apologies.

Thanks all, have a great rest of the week!
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Re: Art-Net Recorder

Postby Janina Baltaziewicz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:48 am

Hi Chris,

Manipulating would only work with the WDArtNetRecorderGotoFrame command, you could use a variable for the frame number and just add/subtract 1.
Getting the frame count out of the button automatically is not possible at the moment.

Do you think this feature would be useful for other users as well?

Cheers,

Janina
Janina Baltaziewicz
Customer Service Engineer
Janina Baltaziewicz

Postby chrisr » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:42 pm

Janina-
Frame count could be useful. If frame count could be available as a variable, you could reference that, and write your own navigation from that point. Lets say you recorded automation, you could replay aspects of the recording without having to go into the button. You could pause and then write -1 +1 steps without having to open node to see where you are at. Also you could have a frame count to a label viewable. Not sure how many people use this, it is really helpful. Having the frame count available to reference as a variable, would open up some functionality. I'm not formally requesting this though.... I know you all are slammed getting WD version 6 out.
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Postby Janina Baltaziewicz » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:01 am

Hi Chris,

I have added it to the feature list ;)

Cheers,

Janina
Janina Baltaziewicz
Customer Service Engineer
Janina Baltaziewicz

Return to Widget Designer V4.7