Problem with a node

Moderator: Moderator Group

Problem with a node

Postby angelo.cioci » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:17 pm

Good evening I'm using WD pro. I creates some nodes with if filter and an output script... in the output script:
IF STATE = 1
THEN true
Wdcustomscript,click,1
FALSE
Wdcustomscript,click,2

if true... works fine, but if it's false the condition doesn't work... some help? If you want my wd file i will send to you.

Thanks

Angelo
angelo.cioci

Re: Problem with a node

Postby angelo.cioci » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:55 am

This is the file... The last script output work only if the condition is true, if the condition is false doesn't work. Plaease help me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
angelo.cioci

Postby Janina Baltaziewicz » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:17 am

Hi Angelo,

I am not sure what exactly you want to achieve with your project, so ist is a bit hard for me to analyze it properly.

Why do you multiply the variable "Tempo" by 1 and write it into "Moltiplicatore"? All it does is: Tempo = Moltiplicatore.
And, are you aware of the fact that Moltiplicatore always eqals 1 when the True-script is running and always 0 when the False-script is running?
What the Script Output Node does at the moment is:

If TRUE -> Send Art-Net 255 -> Wait for 1s -> Send Art-Net 0 -> Set Motor1 = Altezza_Voluta (and thus triggering the False-script)

If FALSE -> Send Art-Net 255 -> Wait for 0s -> Send Art-Net 0 -> Set Motor1 = Altezza_Voluta (which is already the case)

The Wait-command at the False-Script is more or less useless, I guess this was not the intention? Because I'm not sure if the Art-NetSetVal8bit,1,1,1 ,Value 0 command will be sent correctly so shortly after the first one.

Maybe I can help you better if you explain your approach a bit :)

Cheers,

Janina
Janina Baltaziewicz
Customer Service Engineer
Janina Baltaziewicz

Postby angelo.cioci » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:50 pm

Hi Janina, I had to control a motor by two channel dmx relais. So If Altezza_Voluta is higher that Motore1 then I had to send at channel 1 by artnet for some seconds (seconds of moltiplicatore) and then stop send dmx and furthermore set motore1 at the same value of altezza_voluta so it's possible to stop the loop.
If Altezza_Voluta lower than Motore1 then I had to send at channel 2 by artnet.....

Moltiplicatore now is set to 1 only for test if the software work... but then that value will set in 2.3.

Thanks

Angelo
angelo.cioci

Postby Janina Baltaziewicz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:24 am

Hi Angelo,

As I mentioned before, you are triggering the False-script of your Output Node within the True-Script (because if Altezza_Voltula = Motore1 -> Node22 Output State = 0 -> Script Output node False Script). And if you have your WDWait command at 0s (as it is now with Moltiplicatore), I doubt that the two Art-NetSetVal8bit commands will both be progressed properly.

At the moment, you have no place in your project where you differenciate between Altezza_Voltula = Motore1 and Altezza_Voltula < Motore1.

You will have to implement three different states:
Altezza_Voltula > Motore1 -> send Art-Net Channel 1
Altezza_Voltula = Motore1 -> Do nothing
Altezza_Voltula < Motore1 -> send Art-Net Channel 2

I would reccommend to start again from scratch, rather than updating the existing project. Another approach might proof better.
Give it a try!

Janina
Janina Baltaziewicz
Customer Service Engineer
Janina Baltaziewicz

Return to Widget Designer V4.7