Modifying the Webserver in the Webroot

Moderator: Moderator Group

Modifying the Webserver in the Webroot

Postby chrisr » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:33 pm

Good evening all!
Thank you in advance for any insight you all can lend with this.

I am currently diving into learning the functionality of the webserver offered with Widget Designer. I am running WD4.7 Rev2500 with a Pro Dongle. I have a very small project with a single Custom Script button. After some research on the forum, and via the help files, I have a couple questions.

1. Is it possible that when you visit the http://2.x.x.x:8080 you are directed to the default.html in the web-root file that you can save via the Edit Page menu "Save Page as html to Web-Root" button.
2. If 1 is true, is it possible to modify the default.html file with some basic css scripting to help display items with some greater control. For example center justifying the Custom Script button above if I visit http://2.x.x.x:8080 with an iphone or a windows device running chrome. The reason I ask, is I see that there are folders that are defaulted into webroot folder within the project: imgs/css/js common folders that are used to source data to an html file.

Thanks again for taking the time to read through this. Have a great week everyone.
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Re: Modifying the Webserver in the Webroot

Postby chrisr » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:03 pm

PS. I do realize, this will all be a mute point in a month or so.... when ever Six is released. Since its based on HTML5 with CSS functionality. Thanks!
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Return to Widget Designer V4.7