Philips Hue

Moderator: Moderator Group

Philips Hue

Postby brun sweater » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:09 pm

Hello.

I'm playing around with some Philips Hue Light bulbs, and had the idea to control them via WD. I'm no wizard though, and everything I do is done by trial and error, rinse repeat, and so on. So before I use too much of my (not so) precious time, I was wondering if this can even be done?

So far I've been able to control the light via the standard Windows command prompt, using cURL and Json with the following command (which turns off light 1) as an example:

Code: Select all
c:/curl --request PUT --data "{\"on\": false}"  http://<IP>/api/<user>/lights/1/state

So, anybody able to chime in on whether this is translatable into something WD can work with? I've tried playing around with the JsonRequestToVar and JsonRequestItemToVar commands in WD, but to no avail.

Thank You In Advance
brun sweater

Re: Philips Hue

Postby malkuth23 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:39 pm

I am very interested in this too...

On a similar note, I have been working on getting Alexa to talk to WD. I think I will have something to share about that soon.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Re: Philips Hue

Postby brun sweater » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:45 pm

I'm not sure WD can send PUT requests. All I'm able to for now, is sending GET requests (monitoring using Wireshark). And I think a PUT request is needed to manipulate the Hue API?
brun sweater

Return to Widget Designer V4.7