Remoting Folsom Imagepro

Moderator: Moderator Group

Remoting Folsom Imagepro

Postby Paride Signoretta » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:58 am

Hello everybody,
I'm trying to make the imagepro working using a widget button. I've set the ip address of the im.pro, and the "communication manager" says that the impro is connected. But when I use the command "TCPSend,'ID','Message'" (ex.: "TCPSend,3, FREEZ 1" where FREEZ 1 is taken from the Impro user manual) nothing happen.
Is there any other setting I need to adjust or provide?
Please help!!! :D
& Tech
Milano - Italy
Paride Signoretta

Re: Remoting Folsom Imagepro

Postby Mike Steinbrecher » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:23 am

Hello Paride,

hm your settings sounds correct. We will have a look.
Sorry for the late replay. We all have been busy with the IBC in Amsterdam and the Plasa in London.
Nice regards

Mike
---------------------------------------------
Mike Steinbrecher
Technical Sales Manager
Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik

Christie Digital Systems | http://www.christiedigital.com| Richard-Byrd-Strasse 19 | 50829 Koeln | Germany
Mike Steinbrecher

Postby Jan Huewel » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:53 am

Hi Paride

I am not familiar with the folsom control codes, but in most cases there is a start and end character if the communication is ASCII.

I think your message needs to look like this "TCPSend,'ID','Message'" (ex.: "TCPSend,3, FREEZ 1 [CR]"

I looked up the manual of the image pro this is what I found:

(...)

RS232 Mode

The ImagePRO will respond with a '#' prompt when the command processor is ready for a command.

The command syntax is shown below

cmd arg1 arg2 … argn<CR>

cmd cmd is any valid Graphics Board command, typically 2 to 6 alphabetic (non numeric) characters.

arg arg1, arg2, … argn are required or optional parameters depending on the command used.
<CR> carriage return (ASCII 13) terminates the command

A space (ASCII 32) must be inserted between the command and any arguments that follow.
A space must also be inserted between all argument parameters except for the last argument in the chain.

All commands in RS232 mode must be terminated with a carriage return (ASCII 13). The carriage return will tell the
command processor to begin execution of the command.

(...)
Jan Huewel

Postby Christopher Fluegel » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:02 pm

hi,

we are currently running two imagePro HD with a widget designer std and the syntax jan described above is absolutely correct. you can find all the commands in the users manual.

if you want to switch the inputs, for example, you have to use the TCPSend,'ID','Message' string in widget designer. ID is your tcp connection ID and the message for switching the inputs is "RTE" followed by a space followed by the inputnumber followed by a space followed by [CR].

the complete script for changing to input one is: TCPSend,1,RTE 1 [CR]

we found out that the imagePro HD doesn't always recognize the tcp signals in some cases so you have to send the command again.

it is also not possible to create a multiple count of connections to the imagePro because the port is blocked if one widget designer is connected. you may notice that if you want to run a backup widget designer or want to controle the same imagePro from different places.

have fun :)

useful hint: the image pro uses the port 10001!
Christopher Fluegel
Technical Support, coolux GmbH
Christopher Fluegel

Return to Widget Designer V4.7