Widget Designer doesn't start!!!

Moderator: Moderator Group

Widget Designer doesn't start!!!

Postby Tito » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:48 am

Hi, I have just gotten my widget designer pro dongle, went for a test drive and ooopss widget designer has encountered and error and needs to close.....

I tried uninstalling and then installing again, rebooting, and haven't been able to get it to work.....
I'm using rev58 on an apple macbook pro running windows xp sp2.......

any help would be appreciated....
Tito

Re: Widget Designer doesn't start!!!

Postby lucken » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:45 am

Is the right version of directX and .net frame installed ? You can find them in the download section of the forum.
lucken

Postby Patrick Verhey » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:59 am

Hi,

lucken is right, please check this first.

What software are you using to run windows xp on your mac? In parallels (is that written right :?: :?: :?: ) you might have problems to find the dongle. You can try to install the STD version, and if this is running fine you need to check that parallels finds the usb dongle. In this case you need to ad it manually in the USB device list of parallels.

if this does not help, could you post a screenshot of the error message please.

regards

Patrick

Postby Tito » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:56 pm

I got it to work thanks, apparently it was my directx version, I also did a system update on windows.....
I'm running windows via bootcamp, I haven't updated to sp3 as adviced by the coolux guys and everything seems to be running smooth...

thanks again for the help.
Tito

Postby Tomas Hruza » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:37 pm

Dear Patrick,
I have the same problem as Tito.
The problem occurred after disconnect USB flash drive.

I have WinXP SP2 on Parallers Desktop 4.0 and using PB Widget Designer STD rev58.
Thanks for the response.
Tomas Hruza

Postby Patrick Verhey » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Hi,

can you please check if you have .net framework and direct x installed on your computer? To install direktx it is important that you have the right version which you can find here in the download section.
And you need to make sure to copy the installer zip file onto your harddrive, it cannot run from external drives. After that you need to unzip the setup file into a folder. This will generate a lot files, so it makes sense to create a folder for directx. After you unzipped the file you need to start the installation. A very common problem is that people only extract direktx but do not install it. Once you did install it you should reboot windows xp and then start the widget designer again.

If it does not work a screenshot of the error message with the details shown would be very helpful.

Please give me a feedback if it works on your system.

Best regards

Patrick

Postby Tomas Hruza » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:30 pm

Dear Patrick,
Thanks for the tip.
But the problem continues even after reinstalling DirectX.
I attach a few bug files.
Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Tomas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tomas Hruza

Postby Julia Foest » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi Tomas,

did you also re-install .net framework from our download section? Your DirectX version is right now.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby Tito » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:45 pm

Tomas, I think your problem might be the fact that you are running on parallels....

remember that this is an "emulation" of windows not the REAL thing, I used to use parallels but I found out that most software requiring the use of directx drivers will not work fine, I had this problems with autocad, 3ds max, and others....

I would advise you to run windows on bootcamp....
Tito

Return to Widget Designer V4.7