Timex Bug

Moderator: Moderator Group

Timex Bug

Postby JackB » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Hello!

I'm new to PB and the forum, so hello people of this virtual world.

As I understand it the widget designer pro is quite new but I did find a bug so I thought I would post it up here.......

I was using the Timex system which is really rather cool but when you save the page layout it doesn't hold the Timex tag number or the port in the node, not a big problem but I now have these two numbers engraved in my mind. 020-000-008-041 and 58952, incase you were wondering.

The big glitch is that it doesn't close the port when it is finished with it, so when you delete the Timex node or load another widget. This then doesn't allow another service, i.e. another node to read information on that port. The only way to close the port was to reset the laptop, there is a faster way but it seemed to need resetting every time we went for a coffee.

The last and final glitch is that it won't let two Timex nodes listen on the same port to two different tags. As I understand it this is something that does have a work around but I am still new to the wonderful world of Coolux servers!

Hope this is helpful!

All the best,

Jack
JackB

Re: Timex Bug

Postby Patrick Verhey » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi Jack,

welcome to the coolux world and thanks for the information on the Timex issue. We might did not found it yet since not so many people are using timex yet. We will check that and fix it soon.

best regards

Patrick

Re: Timex Bug

Postby Jan Huewel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:16 pm

Dear Jack

I was able fix the timax node properties, it should be fixed for the next release version of WD PRO.

As we do not own Timax systems it would be good if you could give me a feedback if it works fine on your end.

If you would like to get a version for testing purposes please let me know.

Please email me you contact details to huewel@coolux.de

Best regards

Jan Huewel
Jan Huewel

Return to Widget Designer V4.7