WakeOnLan

Moderator: Moderator Group

WakeOnLan

Postby BrechtNovid » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi all,

I did some test with the WOL possibility via the Widget Designer, and it worked. Now I try to do it for real, and only one out of three players 'wakes up'. The strange thing is that I created 1 button with the three MAC adresses in it, and only the first one in the list reacted. Then maybe I thought I had to create a seprate button for every player, so that's what I did, but now there is still only one player reacting, but it's not the one that worked in the first place!

I checked everything and did all the steps explaned in viewtopic.php?f=80&t=294

All the settings are the same on the three players, BIOS ass well.

Anyone any ideas?
BrechtNovid

Re: WakeOnLan

Postby Patrick Verhey » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:27 am

Hi,

is it always the same computer which will not come up? Can you create thre buttons, one for each computer an check them step by step please.
If it is always the same computer who wakes up there might be some settings wrong.

If you use the first button with the 3 commands, does always the first out of the list come up? Did you change the mac adress to the second one? Does this change anything? Is the one waking up really the first mac adress out of your list?

Can you double check if the network settings on all three computers are set to wake up from "power off state" with "magic packet". Do you have a valid network connection to all computers? Does the light at the LAN Port lights up as the computers are switched off?

Can you please check these things and give us a feedback. This will help us to help you.

best wishes

Patrick

Return to Widget Designer V4.7