transfer widget to another computer??

Moderator: Moderator Group

transfer widget to another computer??

Postby josh1337 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:56 am

ok so ive made a widget on a computer but i need to actually run the widget on a laptop with a touch screen as a second monitor so a drummer can press stop and go on it when he wants to start the track for the next song. i have made a go and stop custom scripts buttons with different pictures for them. when i save the file and transfer it to the other computer, the pictures dont save or port over with it. i have tried copying the pictures over to the computer and putting them in the same director but no luck. does anyone know where the projects temp files or project files, besides the .wdp file.
thanks
josh1337

Re: transfer widget to another computer??

Postby norman483 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:35 am

Hi Josh

If you use pictures for buttons and move the wd project to an other computer, the absolute path of the project and pictures has to be the same. The widget designer stores absolute paths. If the picture is not loaded properly, you can open the wdp file with a texteditor like notepad, where you can change manually the path of your pics and project source.
norman483

Re: transfer widget to another computer??

Postby Patrick Verhey » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:56 am

Hi Josh,

Michi is right, but please be very carefull if you open the project file with wordpad. If you change the wrong things you can destroy your file completely. So please save your file a second time as backup before you start changing things with wordpad.

best regards

Patrick

Return to Widget Designer V4.7