Phidgets RFID reader

Moderator: Moderator Group

Phidgets RFID reader

Postby n.weber » Thu May 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Hello,

i read that i could connect to the Phidgets RFID Reader in Widget Designer (Pro). However I cannot find the respective node, only Interface Kit nodes. Node search only turned up an RFID script node but i think that's not what i'm looking for.
Any hints?

Kind Regards
Nadja
n.weber

Re: Phidgets RFID reader

Postby Patrick Verhey » Thu May 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi,

there is no node for the RFID, just the script. So you connect the RFID you read from the tag to any script you like.

best regards

Patrick

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Fri May 23, 2014 11:37 am

Hi,

you can find it in the "Tool" menu in the Phidgets section. Basically you can enter the IDs just like in the macro editor window with a script.

The second thing that can be used is a variable that will automatically contain the RFID-ID. Have a look at the variables window.

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby n.weber » Fri May 23, 2014 2:25 pm

Hey,

thanks, I got it to work with a fixed it. How do I use the variable? I put PhidgetRFID-Tag into the Input field but it didn't seem to work. Also, I would like to get the event, when the tag is removed from the reader. How would i do that?

Kind Regards
Nadja
n.weber

Postby Patrick Verhey » Fri May 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi Nadja,

once you connected the RFID reader to the widget you should be able to read out the codes with the RFID script node. The helpfile gives you a pretty good overview on it:

http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... cripts.htm

If you use the ID to trigger something you do not necessarily need variables. You could change a set variable using a script. There are several scripts dealing with variables, the all start with a V. So if you type v in the script node it will offer you those.

Some general information about variables can be found here:

http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... iables.htm

To trigger something on release is not possible in my understanding. The reader does not make a difference in getting or loosing an ID. So it will only display the ID os long as it can see the ID.

best regards

Patrick

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Fri May 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi,

Create a "Action" Node and look for the RFID tag. There you can enter a script that should fire whenever the tag is changed.

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Widget Designer V4.7