Variable Arrays - scripts documentation

Moderator: Moderator Group

Variable Arrays - scripts documentation

Postby pshay » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Hello, I would like to find a list of all the available scripts for dealing with variables, specifically arrays.

Search the forum, I found several posts with suggestions for using VArrayResizePreserve, VArrayReverse, VGetArrayValue. I see them listed in the scripts auto-populate drop down when I am typing them in. But, I don't see where they are documented. Is there a list of of these scripts?
pshay

Re: Variable Arrays - scripts documentation

Postby lucken » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:47 pm

Most commands are explained in the help file, which is included in every software version, or you can use also the online manual: http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... index.html.
lucken

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:07 pm

It is also worth looking into the Changelog of the WD.
There is also a short documentation of things that were added or changed.
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby pshay » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:48 am

I did search the online help for the three commands I mentioned above. They aren't documented.

I saw some undocumented commands in the change log. I'll search that some more to see what I find.

I'm used to looking up pho and JavaScript functions. Those are documented and give examples - that speeds up my understanding of the function and I often find more smile or reliable methods. Having to hunt for what may or may not be available in Widget can frustrate me sometimes.

Thanks for the tips. Keep up the great work on the updates. And update the help file as often as you can!
pshay

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:34 am

We totally understand and are working on doing better.
Our current Problem is that the development is very fast and that documentation can not always keep up.

We are in the dilemma of having to choose to only release fully documented features, which would delay a release quite a bit or releasing features that are not fully documented, but users have the change to use them. We choose to not withhold features, just because they are not documented completely.

In an Ideal world documentation would be as fast as development, but we are not there (yet).

Did you figure out how the scripts work or do you still need help?

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby pshay » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi Daniel,

Totally agree with releasing new features as they are ready! :D

I have three questions around arrays:

If there was an easy way to share an example of a script that populates an array variable, then has a loop that goes through the entire array, using each item in the array. I've done this in PHP and javascript, but I'm not sure I have the right syntax to iterate through an array. I plan to just tinker with it when I have time, but a working example would speed that up for me.

I understand the for/while loops, but I'm not sure if Coolux knows the length of an array automatically or if I have figure that out before a loop function.

It seems from the posts I've found in the forum that arrays are fixed length - is that true? If so, can they be resize while keeping the data intact? I get errors when I try it, but I'm not sure if it's my syntax or I'm trying to do something that cannot be done. :?:

-=Peter Shay
pshay

Return to Widget Designer V4.7