BUG?: Web Server Reload Loop

Moderator: Moderator Group

BUG?: Web Server Reload Loop

Postby mwalker_mw » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:26 am

I'm seeing peculiar behavior when running a button panel via the web server. Simple panel with only labels and custom script buttons (mostly sending TCP commands). Things work fine within WD.

The web interface loads fine, however, when a button is pressed it goes into an infinite reload loop in the browser making it unusable. WD continues to run happily in the background.

I've tested access from Firefox on the WD machine as well as an iPhone connected to the local wireless network. Identical results.

This seems to be in some way related to unsupported or limited support items. I had seen it previously with an event viewer panel in a testing config and it seemed to recover when I removed that. However, now I'm seeing it with just the custom script buttons. I have noticed a possible link to changing the tint property of the buttons to enhance their indicator state... but it has not been a 100% thing (and I'm trying to avoid going back through and removing all that work until I know for certain it is the cause).

Anyways, input would be appreciated. Has anyone else seen this?

WD Std Rev 704 on Win 8.1 64bit.

Thanks,

Mike Walker
mike@mikewalker.ca
Last edited by mwalker_mw on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mwalker_mw

Re: Web Server Reload Loop

Postby AViefhues » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:30 am

I had the same problem, but only if a browser was connected to WD and I changed something in WD.
After closing the browser and reload everyting was fine.

I used Win 7 for WD and Android for the browser.
AViefhues

Re: Web Server Reload Loop

Postby mwalker_mw » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:52 pm

I was observing similar the first time I encountered this but I just tested with a freshly opened file and logging straight in via web. As soon as button is pressed it is a reload loop. It does seem to be tied to the tint change on the button - if I press one of the toggle buttons that does not have a tint change script setup it works fine. I suppose turning all that off could be a workaround but the default indicator states for the buttons are somewhat more subtle than I would like for putting in front of end users....
mwalker_mw

Return to Widget Designer V4.7