Keystoning Effect

Suggestions and comments for Pandoras Box V5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Keystoning Effect

Postby alexbright » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi,

I've encountered situations many many times where I'd like 2d keystoning as an effect that I can apply to a layer. I know I can use the warper, and create a .x file, but it would be much faster if I didn't have to launch the warper in the first place. Also, making it an effect would make it more easily controlled from widget designer.

Thank you,
alexbright

Re: Keystoning Effect

Postby AViefhues » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:04 pm

Hi,

with the FX : Geometry - Rotate Local XYZ you can rotate an layer arround all three axes. This could be a way to create the effect you want.

Alex
AViefhues

Postby Benni_M » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:44 am

And in the Player pro or Server, You have a keystone on the output layer.

Greets ,
Benni
Benni_M

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Hello,

you can also have a 3x3 warp controlled by art-net. Just have a look at the Online Manual - Controlling Warper via Pandoras Box / another Art-Net Device section of the manual. The drawback is that the warper has to be running in the background.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby mkohler » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi None of these replies actually answer the feature request and this is a huge usability trap. Having to leave warper running in the background is a bit of a crazy step to take for what should be a simple shader effect. We often need to tweak media into oddly sized screens or set pieces with dozens of different positions. It would make the system more usable if a user were able to cornerpin arbitrary 2D quads.
mkohler

Postby alexbright » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi Dennis, Benni and AViefhues,

I know of all of these options, but that's really not what I'm asking for. The shader effect already exists because it's already applied to the output device, so it seems like it would be easy to add to the Aeon Effects list.

I think mkohler really sums it up here.

mkohler wrote:Hi None of these replies actually answer the feature request and this is a huge usability trap. Having to leave warper running in the background is a bit of a crazy step to take for what should be a simple shader effect. We often need to tweak media into oddly sized screens or set pieces with dozens of different positions. It would make the system more usable if a user were able to cornerpin arbitrary 2D quads.

Best,

Alex
alexbright

Postby david_r » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:50 am

I would really appreciate to get this feature for the Player Software. Sometimes it would be really easier and faster!
Manager LT, 2x Player STD, Widger Designer PRO
david_r

Postby ingibekk » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:30 pm

+1 on this.

Would be extremely helpful when in situations that require a simpler approach.
ingibekk

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:05 pm

Hey Guys,

The Keystone Effect relies on some very specific properties of the output. There currently is not easy/fast way to copy the effect over to the "regular"-layer scheme.

However as shown on coolux Connect there is a feature coming up that is all about warpable/deformable meshes within Pandoras Box. While we are still working on it nothing is final, but I threw in the idea to have a keystone-like functionality within this new mesh type.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby ingibekk » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi Dennis,

that sounds amazing!
ingibekk