Pandoras Box Playlist

Suggestions and comments for Pandoras Box V5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Pandoras Box Playlist

Postby JustynR » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:45 am

I am loving the new Playlist in PB!

I use it very often when I have to play multiple files.

Something that would be very very nice would be to have an option where instead of entering a time for a clip, you can put "Wait" and a "Next" and "Previous" button/control in PB and in WD.

I have come across a few times - usually on commercials or TV shoots where I'm given a folder of 100 team logos and I have to put the next one up when they say "GO".

Cheers,
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Re: Pandoras Box Playlist

Postby florian » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:29 pm

I feel like this is something that would be better addressed with single-layer cross fading behaviors.

IE: I set the cross fade time parameter for a given layer and then pick an asset and it cross fades to it.

It would resolve Justyn's request and generally make the system friendlier in non-linear applications.
-flo

"Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise."

Cato the Elder, Plutarch's Life of Cato
florian

Postby ricky » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:42 am

Hi there,
I was searching on the forum if someone have had my same problem with the playlist and I found this topic.
I agree with Justin and I think would be very useful to have the possibility to pause the plylist at the end of certain contents, just to wait a GO from the director to go ahead.
I've seen a similar function on widget designer playlist where is possible to set the default cue mode in three ways: Crossfade, Pause & Hold and Pause & Fadeout. This is a workaround but it's not very flexible because you can't define the mode of each cue and you must need WD PRO version. Another limit is that is not possible to have a fade in time for the incoming cue (only fade out is possbile and the incoming content jumps in at opacity 255).

Cheers
--ricky--

Tech Sales, Tech Support & Betatesting Coolux
Molpass srl
http://www.molpass.com
ricky

Postby schoissi » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi all,
please add transition on layer,
please! :-)
schoissi