ID-Tag outdoor use

Moderator: Moderator Group

ID-Tag outdoor use

Postby lpmorin » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:12 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to use the ID-Tags outdoor. Being IR signal, will it work in a semi-shaded area?
What about the temperature resistance? I couldn't find a specsheet, is there one available?

Thanks

LP
lpmorin

Re: ID-Tag outdoor use

Postby ejgazz » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:29 am

Hi LP. As far as I know from experience, this is no real cut sheet, and the tags a very dependent on the application. For example, the distance they function in a dark environment is dependent on on whether or not they use the lower power internal batteries or an external power source. I'm going to say I personally would not recommend this.
ejgazz

Postby JustynR » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:21 am

I think it will depend on what bitrate you run them in too...

How many do you need?

Can you run it with only 4 IDs?
The system picks those up faster and keeps them in check with other interference (like momentarily covering it with part of a costume) better than in 256 mode.
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:54 am

Hey guys!

We have once tested a single ID Tag across our parking lot. It was about 30m during sunlight.
I would definitely not recommend to rely on this kind of setup and sunlight will force you to increase the threshold. In addition this work with the Tag directly facing the camera.

The temperature range for the ID Tags are between -40°C and +85°C. Obviously you should make sure that no humidity gets frozen on the tag while operating close to or under 0°C.

Hope this helps along.
Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Widget Designer V4.7