ID Tag Tracker acquiring speed

Moderator: Moderator Group

ID Tag Tracker acquiring speed

Postby chrisr » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:13 pm

All, good afternoon!

I have been testing out some ID Tags and the tracker node in Widget Designer. The gear I am using is Widget Designer Pro 4.7 Rev2500, OptiTrack Slim13E, and the Coolux ID-Tag v1.3. The tracking itself is really nice, very smooth and is pretty responsive up to very fast movement. Fast movement makes the tracker loose connection ( which I also have questions about ). The main reason I'm posting is to ask; What sort of response should I expect in how fast Widget Designer ID tag Tracker acquires the ID-Tag. For Example:

If I move the tag across the screen until the tag moves outside the IR camera view at which point it looses the IR-Tag, then I slowly start to move the tag back onscreen, there is a noticeable delay for the Tag tracker node to re-acquire the IR-Tag. I have counted to just shy of 3 seconds. so with this in mind, I am a few inches into the screen before it starts to track. Which in turn makes the Layer that its tied to the Tag to "jump" to the current position. OR, if you were to just cover the IR-Tag with your hand, then remove your hand, there is a 2-3 second delay in the re-acquire.

I appreciate any input.
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Re: ID Tag Tracker acquiring speed

Postby Benni_M » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:19 pm

Hey,

for fast movements you can make the Max Motion higher.
"This defines the maximum distance an ID can move from one frame to the next. If it is faster, the ID will be removed from the tag."

http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... ttings.htm

To re-acquire faster you can set the Mode and the Interval of the ID-Tags lower.
http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... id_tag.htm

And it's better to use more than one Camera. Two are much more faster and three are even better.

Cheers,
Benni
Benni_M

Re: ID Tag Tracker acquiring speed

Postby chrisr » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Hey Benni-

Thanks for the links, I had gone over those, but it was very useful to get your input. Thanks for the clarification. So after some more adjusting, and reading. I have seen the acquire of an IR tag down to around a second maybe a tad longer.

From what you are saying, when you have multiple cameras, the speed and obviously accuracy is greatly improved. Does this also include how fast the Tag is seen? Is 1 second about the best everyone is getting? Or should I be expecting near instantaneous?

When I have the Optitrack Node (Beta) up and connected to my Slim13E, which is looking at the IR Tag, when I block and unblock the IR Tag emiters, the Node immediately sees the IR emitter. This tells me that widget designer is processing the camera extremely quick, and the lag that I see when the Tag Track is connected to the camera, is within the ID Tag Tracker. Does this sound accurate?
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Return to Widget Designer V4.7