WD SaveAs for current open project in Manager

Moderator: Moderator Group

WD SaveAs for current open project in Manager

Postby ericseipel » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:02 am

WD programmaticly, is it possible to execute a save as (or any save where i can specify the path) in the manager I'm connected to?

i can save the current project from within WD.

I have a default 'template' project (its set read only), its intended use is to have a base for PB that is (will be) installed in a venue that gets used for different events at different times. 90% of the time it runs sequence of things in the venue by its self with no human interaction, jumps back to the beginning and continues its monotonous life. Its the other 10% where the venue gets rented out to groups. My template is 'blank' (has a specific number of devices added, a specific number of graphic devices added, has the live inputs in the tree and numbered (1,1 1,2 etc) among other preset attributes) WD allows an operator with limited PB education to add files from a stick in the WD computer to the manager, make a wd play-list to loop content, bring up live inputs, etc. Id like them to be able to save as a new project.

Can this be done? Do I make sense? Am I all wrong and you have a better way?
ericseipel
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA

Re: WD SaveAs for current open project in Manager

Postby Christian Hinxlage » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi eric,

no, it is not possible to send a save as command from the widget designer to PB.

Maybe it´s a workaround for you to go another way.

Please find attached a small project.
Here your "operator" first has to type in the name of his new project, then he copys your template with his new projectname to a new directory an finally opens the new project which is created from your template in PB.
At the end press save!

Does that work for you?

Cheers

Christian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Christian Hinxlage
Technical Support Manager

Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc.
www.christiedigital.com
User avatar
Christian Hinxlage
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:58 pm

Re: WD SaveAs for current open project in Manager

Postby ericseipel » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:54 pm

I do believe that would work. Thank you much. On a different gig for a bit, so ill check when i get home.

Side note: Is there a repository somewhere of user submitted WD things?
ericseipel
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA

Re: WD SaveAs for current open project in Manager

Postby JustynR » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:06 pm

There defiantly should be!
Justyn Roy
Field Application Specialist
Christie Digital
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:33 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: WD SaveAs for current open project in Manager

Postby chrisr » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:15 pm

YES! I agree to that as well. !!
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:50 pm


Return to Widget Designer V4.7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest