Issues with multitouch panel

Moderator: Moderator Group

Issues with multitouch panel

Postby pedro_benito » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:42 am

Hi guys, how are you?

I have a little project, but I cannot deal with it properly. I have a small LED Screen of a resolution of 240x240 (1,5 m2 aprox), and I want to have the multitouch panel from widget designer. The thing is that since the resolution of the screen of WD is higher to the resolution of the LED Screen, nothing works properly... I thought that configuring the panel as the AirScan should work, but it doesn't... I supposed to use the node system, but I have no clue how to do it... I try use the input Multi-Touch Item and Multi-Touch Panel Point to try to convert the values, but... nothing.

Some help please? Thank you!
pedro_benito

Re: Issues with multitouch panel

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi,

The AirScan Tool menu offers you the possibility to change the "Resolution" of the input processing. Did you try that?

The other way includes the AirScan input node and using "Filter (Range) nodes to change the values from 0-WDscreenWidth to 0-LEDscreenWidth.

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby pedro_benito » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:46 pm

Hi, I've already try to change those values that you are telling me, including with the node system, but is not working at all. I mean, I already change the values to fit the screen to the resolution of WD, but this is not working on the multi touch panel.
pedro_benito

Postby JustynR » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:34 pm

What I have found helps is if you change the resolution of your WD screen to the closest aspect ratio of your output panel (as close to 1:1 as you can)

Then make a Multi-touch panel in WD and make it full screen;
Check Layer 1 so it shows up on that Multi-Touch panel, but don't activate any controls!

Now, put a test pattern (of the right aspect ratio) like "Geometry" on the LED screen;

Adjust the values in the Airscan tool until the center of the "X" in geometry matches with the "1" in the Multi touch panel (so the circle goes around it - adjust the sides and then adjust the X & Y offset so these all match up.

That is usually my work flow for odd size screens.
I have found that it doesn't really matter what the Airscan tool says as far as aspect ratio goes, just as long as it all fits.

Good Luck!
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby pedro_benito » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:50 am

Thanks Justin, I will try to do it in that way, and let's see how it works. :D
pedro_benito

Postby chrisr » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:56 pm

Thanks Justin for that tip. Helped me out a lot!
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Return to Widget Designer V4.7