Art-Net Output Node in V6

Christie Widget Designer Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Widget Designer you are using.

Art-Net Output Node in V6

Postby chrisr » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:07 pm

Good evening all,
This is the second time I've had issues with this. I'm not sure if its user error, but what I find interesting is that when I use the Art-Net Output, enable the Art-Net output in the connection manager I still get nothing. Its worked and been great, but sometimes I'll sit down at the computer and nothing. no output. I've created a side by side document one in V6 and one in V4.7. 4.7 works flawlessly, 6 doesnt want to play. I have identical set ups, Here is a screen shot. It was just a simple set up to see if I could nail down if I was missing something. I'm all ears if anyone is / had this issue, and I'm doing something wrong. You'll see in the image below, DMX channel two is broadcasting out of Ver4.7 but I'm getting nada out of V6 on DMX channel 1.

Thanks again for any input.
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Re: Art-Net Output Node in V6

Postby Benni_M » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Hello chrisr,

i tryed the same like you and it work pretty well.
But there are two importent things.
First it is no good to send artnet from two widget designer to the same universe. They disturbing each other.

The second and i think this helps you is to turn off the windows firewall. The V6 are bocked by the firewall. The V4.7 not.

best,
Benni
Benni_M

Re: Art-Net Output Node in V6

Postby chrisr » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:32 pm

OK, so for me to solve this, I have to disable, then re-enable the Art-net send and receive in the connection manager.
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Return to Widget Designer V6