Windows 8.1 issues

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Windows 8.1 issues

Postby runcdfirst » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:40 am

Hi everybody,

I wanted to ask if anyone knows exactly the issues with Windows 10 on Media Manager.
This because I'm having a lot of problems with the Windows 8.1 update
and I cannot install any updates.
I tried them all.
Honestly I would not go back to Windows 7 because it is extremely slow.
Any suggestion?
There's someone using Windows 10 already on a production?
Any advise would be great :)
L.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

- Marcus Brigstocke -
runcdfirst

Re: Windows 8.1 issues

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi,

there is a issue when running multiple Full screens under Windows 10. You are totally fine to run a Manager under Windows 10, but keep in mind it is not fully tested and christie will not offer support if you have a Win 10 specific question / problem.
Most of the Tools should just run fine on Win 10, but there are some issues with PB Menu and some smaller issues with some of the other tools.

Essentially: It should work fine for a manager, but it is not 100% tested and Christie can not help you. (not because we do not want to, but mainly because it has not been tested and all the Test Systems that Support uses run Windows 8.1, or XP for the old Servers some on Windows 7. But no 10 yet. We also do not sell any Product with Windows 10.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Re: Windows 8.1 issues

Postby runcdfirst » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi Daniel,
thanks for your reply.

I knew that the support was not guaranteed and it seems more than fair.
I encountered a problem with the hardware of my Media Manager with all versions of Windows that are not 7.
As well, the Windows 10 option is not functional (although on my Mac the Manager works fine on windows 10).

I think the only solution is to change the hardware and then
also the problems with Windows 8.1 should disappear. I hope.

Regards.
L.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

- Marcus Brigstocke -
runcdfirst

Return to Pandoras Box V5