Device control from Crestron

Moderator: Moderator Group

Device control from Crestron

Postby grundy » Thu May 04, 2017 2:23 pm

I have a show I am making for a theater where my client wants to come into the theater and press a play button on a crestron touch panel and have the lights go down and then the show will start.
The light control is no problem for the crestron system, and I have the show setup as follows:

Cue ID2 : Pause
about 5 seconds of blank space for lights to go down.
image sequence begins, audio begins, and artnet light show begins.
Image sequence ends, audio ends, and artnet light show ends.
about 5 seconds of blank space for house lights to come back up.
Cue ID1: Jump to Cue 2

I know that the solution is to make TCP connection with the crestron system in widget designer but I am not quite sure what to do.
I tried making a connection with connection manager but I think i might be missing something. I made a connection to the crestron processor in the TCP connections under tools and used port 23 and it shows up as connected, but when i go to test the connection I don't know what to do with that screen.
Then I figured I would want a TCP ASCII Stream as an Input node linked to a sequence control node, but I am not the most familiar with widget designer.
I figures we would look for a specific string coming in across port 23 and that would trigger going to Cue ID2 and setting the play state to play.

Then if possible I would like to send feedback back to the crestron when my show is finished to let it know that the lights can come up, in case they change out the content at a later date and the length changes.

The problem is I don't know how to do anything with the TCP ASCII stream node once I place it down, and I also don't know if i am doing the sequence control node correctly either.
Once I get all that how do you add those trigger points to the sequence? For example when I would want to send the command to the crestron system to let it know the show has ended.
grundy

Re: Device control from Crestron

Postby Thomas Mrozek » Fri May 05, 2017 9:55 am

Hi,
after having a valid connection between WD and crestron everything else is WD logic.

I recommend using the 'TCP Input Node' which is able to read any incoming message from the crestron connection. This can be connected to a 'Script Output Node' which includes an if statement and you can put in any script like 'SeqSetState,1,Play' (Play Sequence 1) and in the second line 'TCPSend,1,"Any Message crestron can handle"'.

Those scripts also can be triggered by Pandoras Box Manager by adding a Widget Designer device into the device tree. Now you are able to put key's on the sequence which can trigger TCP commands directly.

http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... signer.htm

cheers
Thomas Mrozek
Product Manager
Thomas Mrozek

Re: Device control from Crestron

Postby malkuth23 » Fri May 05, 2017 5:46 pm

Just use remoting...
Much easier. Just have Crestron send the script in () and it will run.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Return to Widget Designer V4.7