slide advance using widget designer?

Christie Widget Designer Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Widget Designer you are using.

slide advance using widget designer?

Postby videoctl » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Hi i have a newbie question.
Are there tools available to advance slides on a remote machine? Like a space bar emulator on a remote machine via network or usb? I have a client that is looking to have the the pandora slide advance ppt or keynote. It can be mac or pc but they want the flexibility to modify slides till the last minute.

thanks,
Mark
videoctl

Re: slide advance using widget designer?

Postby Janina Baltaziewicz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi Mark,

I think this should be achievable with WD.
You can run the WD in the background on the machine with the PPT and execute the command "KeyboardKeyPress" to press any key needed for advancing the slides.
This can be triggered per remote in different ways, e.g. with the Remoting tool:
http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... moting.htm

You just need a connection to this WD (TCP is the easiest option most of times) and send the key-press-command as string in the correct form.
This can be done by many controlling software applications, but e.g. too from a second WD on a second computer with simple CustomScript buttons.

Cheers,
Janina
Janina Baltaziewicz
Customer Service Engineer
Janina Baltaziewicz

Postby videoctl » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Thanks Janina, i will give it a try!
videoctl

Postby pati » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:51 pm

What I did, was to simply send TCP message to another machine in the same network, and our it programmer has written a software which clicked page up and page down button everytime machine no.2 recieved specific TCP message.
I will try to find that software file.
pati

Return to Widget Designer V6